Audiology is an essential service and we’d like to reassure you that we remain open through lockdown, providing our full range of hearing healthcare services, with the health and safety of our clients and staff a top priority. We are strictly following all Government guidance.
Remote services available from angli-EAR Hearing
We are mindful that some of our clients would prefer a remote service during lockdown.
If your hearing aid needs a service or repair, you can rely on angli-EAR Hearing for swift and efficient solutions to help you hear better again whether you purchased your hearing aid from us or not.
We offer a postal Hearing Aid MOT service. Simply post us your hearing device by Special Delivery and we will service and return it without you having to visit our clinic. If you are passing by our clinic and happy to do so, simply drop it in and we’ll repair it and post it back to you. If you let us know you are popping by we can arrange an audiologist to be available and try and resolve any issues whilst you wait.
If you purchased your hearing aids from angli-EAR Hearing these appointments are part of our standard service. If you purchased your aids elsewhere, we are also pleased to offer this service but we may need to make a charge for this service. Unfortunately, due to the structure of NHS audiology services angli-EAR Hearing is not able to carry out any work on NHS hearing aids.
You can also order hearing device renewables including filters, batteries and domes remotely and we’ll arrange for these to be sent out to you. We can send a link to make payment online at your convenience or call us and we can take payment over the phone.
Through our booking system Jane, many of our clients are now taking advantage of our online services, such as initial consultations using telephone, or video calls. We can also remotely, fine tune hearing aids without the need to visit our clinic.
To arrange a Hearing Aid MOT, order any filters, batteries or domes, or to arrange a remote appointment please contact us by calling 01223 661 399 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
With GP surgeries busy seeing other patients, we understand is not always possible for them to check what an issue in your ear might be caused by. So if you’re not sure what the problem is and not sure what type of appointment you need to book we have a tool on our website to guide you through. You can always give us a call or drop us an email – we are happy to help.
We are still available for face-to-face appointments if you have any concerns with your ears or your hearing. There are a few changes to our usual appointment routine:
- 48 hours before each appointment we will ask you to complete a COVID screening questionnaire. These answers will expire after 48 hours. You will therefore be required to complete multiple forms for multiple visits.
- On the day of your appointment please do not come to the clinic entrance any earlier than 10 minutes before the start of your appointment. If you arrive earlier than 10 minutes before your appointment, please wait in your car or away from the entrance if you have travelled by another method.
- Just before your appointment please come to the clinic entrance. We will take your temperature, provide sanitiser for your hands and provide you with a specific face mask which is rated for the use in clinical settings where we cannot maintain distance due to the nature of our work. We will be wearing appropriate Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) to greet you and throughout your consultation.
- Each clinician/audiologist will have a dedicated waiting area in our reception. You will be asked to wait in this area until your appointment.
- You will be invited into the clinic room once the clinician/audiologist is ready.
- Payment will be taken in a secure manner avoiding contact with any payment terminal.
- We will escort you in and out of the clinic (in a friendly but socially distanced fashion) so that you don’t come into contact with any surfaces or other visitors.
- The consultation room will be sanitised and our clinician will dispose of their PPE before the next client arrives.
Please note that angli-EAR Hearing and Tinnitus Solutions will be running an appointment-only clinic, with no walk-ins. This is to ensure that we adhere to social distancing rules and maintain our robust hygiene practices.
As a reminder we have updated our Cancellation and No-Show Policies. Please take the time to read through it, as it details changes to appointment charges.
Thank you for your co-operation with these measures and we hope that you feel reassured that we are taking every precaution against Covid-19.
Stay safe. We look forward to welcoming you soon to the clinic.
~ The Team at angli-EAR Hearing